Salads are important to your customers. More and more consumers are choosing these leafy dishes as healthy, fresh-tasting options when they dine out.
Offering an array of salad options can attract customers and keep them coming back.
SALAD CONSUMPTION IS UP
Restaurant goers are ordering salads more than ever.
- Diners ate salad 76% of the time, up from 66% in 2009.¹
- 47% of consumers eat salads all or most of the time—a 13% lift since 2009.²
- More than 4 out of every 5 American adults ate salads away from home—at least occasionally—in 2011.²
MENU MORE SALADS
Salads and dressings continue to grow year over year.
- Salads are the 4th-most-common menued item behind meat, sandwiches and seafood.³
- Ranch is the nation’s favorite dressing.4
- Vinaigrette menu listings grew to 14.8% in 2012, up from 12.2% the year before.4
FOCUS ON EATING WELL
Salads are taking center stage as consumers seek healthful foods.
- 76% of consumers say they buy salads when seeking a healthier option.²
- 49% eat salads when they want something lighter.²
Popular Salad Ingredients
- Romaine Lettuce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Fresh Herbs
- Dried Fruit
- Grilled Chicken
- Bacon/Bacon Bits
- Shredded Cheddar
- Grated Parmesan